Table of Contents
It is important for Pakistanis to obtain Domicile and Permanent Residence Certificate (PRC) before applying for admission in universities, government jobs, or immigration. Domicile and PRC are legal documents that define your country of residence. However, these documents should not be confused with citizenship or nationality. Legally, every Pakistani is entitled to obtain Domicile & PRC from the District Commissioner Office of his/her district.
In this article, we will explain the entire procedure of getting Domicile & PRC in Pakistan to help our readers obtain these important documents without any hassle. There are three ways through which you can obtain Domicile and PRC, including:
- By birth
- By choice, or
- By operation of law
Documents Required for Domicile and PRC
- Five attested (passport size) photographs.
- Original & attested copy of CNIC / Form-B (for minors).
- Attested copies of all educational documents.
- Applicants under the age of 21 should also include copies of CNIC and domicile of their father/guardian.
- Government employees need to include attested copy of the service certificate.
- Attested copies of electric or gas bill (copy of rent agreement, if on rent) for residence proof.
- Attested CNIC copy of spouse, copies of birth certificates of children or Form B (for married woman or man)
Procedure & Fee Information
- Pay fee of PKR 200
- Paste 1 rupee stamp on all copies
- Get application for domicile attested from Oath Commissioner before submission.
- Concerned department can also ask for any other document as proof.
Sample Image Of Domicile