Table of Contents
Many people who use their Android phone may not know that it has a cache, which is a collection of temporary files and information that can be cleared in order to improve general performance. Your cache contains your most recent apps, recent settings changes (such as newly installed software), and browser history. If you have an older Android device with enough storage space available, you would typically need to clear your cache via the “Recent Apps” or “Recent Settings” option. For more options on how to clear your cache on your phone, check out this helpful article!
Many people who use their Android phone may not know that it has a cache, which is a collection of temporary files and information that can be cleared in order to improve general performance.
Empty individual app cache on versions up to Android 7.9
- Go to “Settings”
- Call up “Apps
- Select your target lobe
- Open the “Memory”
- Press the “Clear Cache” dialog box
- Repeat the process from 1. for other apps
Clear the memory for all apps up to version Android 7.9 at once
- Go to “Settings”
- Call up “Memory
- Open “Internal shared memory”.
- Tap on “Data in Cache”.
- In the dialog box that opens, say “OK”.
In the newer versions of Android 8 and 9, the caches must be deleted individually:
- Call up “Memory” in Settings (8), Call up “Apps” in Settings (9)
- Touch “More Apps” (8), “Memory” (9)
- Press “Empty Cache” (8 & 9)
Your smartphone also contains browsers for Internet access. Google Chrome and Firefox are common. The “empty cache” is done in the menu of the respective browser:
Device with Chrome App
- Open the Chrome App
- Select “More” in the upper right corner
- Select the command “Delete browser data” in the “History”
- For complete emptying and deletion, tap on “Total time”.
- The dialog offers you cookies, additional data and files and images
- Trigger the “Delete data” command
Device with Firefox
- Open the browser
- Go to “Settings” in the upper right corner
- Call up “Delete private data
- Select “Cache” in the dialog box that appears
- The command “Delete data” is now available at the bottom right