Civilian Issues

NADRA Introduced New Policy to Get a CNIC & Others

The National Database Regulation Authority (NADRA) is leaving no stone unturned to keep the nation at ease. This time, NADRA has introduced a new policy for issuance of Computerized National Identity Cards (CNICs) and other related documents.

As per the new policy, you won’t need to submit a birth certificate to get a new CNIC and B-Form. You will only need to provide copies of a matriculation certificate, a domicile, and your parents’ CNICs.

Furthermore, the condition of getting the affidavit attested from a Grade-17 officer has also been dropped. Now, a CNIC holder’s father or any other family member could attest to the form.

Moreover, now, you will not need to own a marriage certificate to obtaining wife’s CNIC. The wife’s card can be obtained by submitting the husband’s CNIC copy along with a Rs. 20 affidavit.

Read More: NADRA Online CNIC Service 

Likewise, the good news is that lodging an FIR is no longer mandatory when you lose CNIC. People can attain a new CNIC by only submitting an undertaking on a stamp paper regarding the loss of the national identity card.

Similarly, the government has also canceled the requirement of a newspaper advertisement in case of a name change. A NADRA officer would conduct an interview with the person whose name got changed and record their statement and that’s it.

As per NADRA’s new policy, new or former UC chairman and councilors won’t have the authority to attest documents for CNIC applications.

About the author

BR Staff

1 Comment

  • my daughter wants to marry in pakistan…we are in USA and we don’t have we don’t have cnic for anyone in family…she has birth certificate from Pakistan embassy and expired pakistani passport and valid American passport with visa to go to pakistan

Leave a Comment